James R. Waisman, M.D.
- Breast Cancer
- Medical Oncology
- Breast Cancer
James Waisman, M.D., is one of Southern California's best known and most respected experts on breast cancer.
Before joining City of Hope in 2013 Dr. Waisman was Medical Director for Research at the Breastlink Medical Group in Orange County. He was also Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at USC's Keck School of Medicine, Vice President of the Medical Staff at USC/Norris, Assistant Professor of Medicine at UCLA and the Medical Director of Cedars-Sinai’s hospice program.
Dr. Waisman has authored more than 45 peer reviewed publications and 75 abstracts to his credit, and has presented at numerous national and international meetings. Named one of “America's Top Doctors” on multiple occasions, he's known as a highly compassionate and competent physician, loved by his patients and colleagues alike.
- 2013 - Present, Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2008 - 2013, Private Practice physician, Beverly Radiology Medical Group, Breastlink Medical Group, Beverly Hills, CA
- 1998 - 2002, Associate Professor, Clinical Medicine, University of California Keck School of Medicine
- 1972 - Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, M.D.
- 1966 - University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, B.A., History
Beca de investigación
- 1978, Fellow, Oncology & Hematology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 1975 - Resident, Internal Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 1973 - Intern, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA