CME Dinner Series: Update on Management of Primary and Metastatic CNS Tumors
EVENT DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Date:November 12, 2015
Time: 05:30 PM - 08:00 PM (PT)
Location:City of Hope
- Define the roles of surgery, radiation therapy and systemic therapy in the management of central nervous system tumors both primary and metastatic.
- Profile and discuss the advantages and limits of whole brain irradiation (WBRT) and Steriotactic Radiosurgery (SRS).
- Deliniate the circumstances in which focal therapy, such as surgery or stereotactic radiosurgery, is likely to be beneficial for patients with brain metastases.
- Review current minimally invasive surgical techniques for the managemnt of primary and metastatic CNS tumors.
- Select appropriate multidisciplinary treatments for patients with new and recurrent CNS metastasis.
Who should attend:Neurosurgeons, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Neuro-oncologists, Neurologists, Internists and allied healthcare professionals who work with patients with primary and metastatic CNS tumors.