Couples: Essential Skills for Overcoming the Challenges of Cancer Together
EVENT DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Date:March 15, 2016
Time: 12:00 PM - 01:30 PM (PT)
Location:Needleman 1 Conference Room, City of Hope, 1500 E. Duarte Road., Duarte, CA 91010
Agenda:“At City of Hope you and your family are part of the medical team. Learning how to solve problems and communicate together will ensure that you get the maximum benefit from your medical care.” — Joanne Mortimer, M.D. Benefit from the wisdom of past patients, caregivers, research and our clinical experience:
- Gain knowledge about specific techniques to enhance open and honest communication
- Learn practical behaviors that will strengthen your relationship
- Practice effective problem solving skills together
- Summarize research findings on cancer genetics in current literature
- Critique and interpret primary research reports on current cancer gentics topics
- Discuss implications of current research findings for clinical practice
Who should attend:Patients and/or Caregivers.
Sponsor(s):Sponsored by the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center/Department of Supportive Medicine
R.S.V.P.: Registration is greatly appreciated. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information and to register, please contact Courtney Bitz at [email protected] or (626) 218-2125.