Alexander J. Annala, Ph.D.
- Associate Research Professor, Department of Developmental & Stem Cell Biology
Alexander J. Annala, Ph.D.
- Biotechnology, Cell Therapy, Oncology, Pharmacology, Regenerative Medicine, Clinical Research, Clinical Trials, Medical Imaging, Physics Oncology, Radiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Stem Cells, Intellectual Property, Regulatory Affairs
Alexander Annala has extensive background in government, corporate, and nonprofit organizations including executive leadership, internal consulting, fundraising, lobbying, research management, and strategic planning.
- Board Member, COO, CFO & Corporation Secretary TheraBiologics Inc (Strategy, Planning, IP, Finance, Commercialization), Arcadia, CA 2011-pres.
- Associate Research Professor, Neurosciences The City of Hope (Medical R&D, Budgeting, Contracts, Fundraising), Duarte, CA 2010-pres
- . Academic Editor, PLOS ONE Public Library of Science (Publishing), Cambridge, UK 2010-pres
- . Adjunct Associate Professor, Radiology Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (Medical R&D), Los Angeles, CA 2010-2015
- Associate Professor, Medical Physiology & Functional Imaging Cleveland University (Medical R&D, Fundraising, Lobbying), Los Angeles, CA 2006-2010
- Associate Professor, Gross Anatomy & Medical Physiology West Coast University (Medical Education), Los Angeles, CA 2005-2006
- Director of Surgical Research & Faculty Research Scientist Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Medical R&D, HR, Fundraising), Los Angeles, CA 2003-2004
- Manager Clinical Research & Postdoctoral Scholar UCLA School of Medicine (Medical R&D, HR, Patient Care), Los Angeles, CA 1997-2002
- Preceptor, Department of Internal Medicine Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center (Patient Care), Los Angeles, CA 1997-1999
- Academic Editor, Current Opinion in NeuroBiology 1996-1997 Elsevier (Publishing), London, UK
- Wellcome Trust Senior Faculty Research Fellow, Pharmacology University College London (Medical R&D, Fundraising), London, UK 1995-1997
- Graduate Fellow, Neural, Informational & Behavioral Sciences University of Southern California (Medical R&D, Fundraising), Los Angeles, CA 1987-1995
- Board Member, CEO, CFO & Corporation Secretary Annala Research Inc (Management Consulting, HR, Contracts, P&L), Los Angeles, CA 1986-1995
- Manager, Scientific Computing Eli Lilly and Company (Medical R&D, Budgeting, HR, Contracts), La Jolla, CA 1986-1987
- Adjunct Faculty Member, College of Business & Management West Coast University (Management Education), La Jolla & Los Angeles, CA 1986-1987
- Manager, Academic Computing San Diego State University (Budgeting, HR, Contracts, Lobbying), San Diego, CA 1985-1986
- Managing Associate, Executive Search Practice Korn/Ferry International (Management Consulting, HR, Contracts), Century City, CA 1984-1985
- Graduate Fellow, MBA Core & Information Sciences Core Claremont Graduate School (Management Consulting, Fundraising), Claremont, CA 1983-1985
- Developmental & Stem Cell Biology
- 1990-1995, Doctorate, Neural, Informational, and Behavioral Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 1987-1990, Masters, Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- 1983-1985, Masters, MBA Core & Information Sciences Core, Claremont Graduate School, Claremont, CA
2012 Amendment to IRB Protocol #08002: First-in-Human NSC-Mediated CD/5-FC Treatment for Recurrent Glioma. Proposed first-in-human use of Ferumoxytol to label NSCs for MRI tracking of migration and tumor distribution in patients. PI: Portnow J. Co-Investigators: Annala AJ et al.
2012 Amendment to IRB Protocol #04133: Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for HematologicalMalignancies: Neuropsychological Functioning After Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Addition of structural and functional brain imaging of patients with cognitive impairment, without cognitive impairment, and controls. PI: Bhatia S. Co-Investigators: Annala AJ et al.
- 2007 IRB Protocol #06272007: Neurobiological Substrates of Complementary & Alternative Treatment Effects: High density electroencephalography with source localization for three dimensional imaging of brain functional activity to develop and validate a novel objective pain measurement system. PI: Annala AJ.
2014 US Application WO2014160475 A1. Aboody KS, Annala AJ, Curiel D, Lesniak M. “Tropic cell based virotherapy for the treatment of cancer.”
- 2013 US Application W02013059528 A2. Aboody KS, Annala AJ, Mooney R, Berlin J. & Weng Y "Encapsulated diagnostics and therapeutics in nanoparticles conjugated to tropic cells and methods for use."