Behnam Ebrahimi, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
- Colon Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Hematological Malignancies
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
As an medical oncologist and assistant clinical professor, Behnam Ebrahimi, M.D., is especially interested gastrointestinal malignancies such as colon and pancreatic cancer, of which he has published many abstracts and articles. He also specializes in treating hematological malignancies, lung and breast cancer.
He states, "I am a firm believer in enrolling my patients in clinical trials, I'm committed to researching the best possible treatments available for each patient."
Dr. Ebrahimi was selected a chief fellow while at MD Anderson Cancer Center, and awarded a National Cancer Institute Fellowship Research Grant. He is an active member of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
His personal hobbies and interests include spending time with his family taking trips and going to the movies. Dr. Ebrahimi also keeps in shape by running and working out.
- 2014 - present, Medical Oncologist and Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 2014 - 2015, Staff Physician, City of Hope, Pomona, CA
- 2008 – present, Member, Lung Cancer Program,The Robert & Beverly Lewis Family Cancer Care Center, Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, Pomona, CA
- 2005 – 2014, Director, Clinical Research
- Wilshire Oncology Medical Group, Inc., La Verne, CA
- 2003 – 2014, Medical Oncologist, Wilshire Oncology Medical Group, Inc., Pomona & Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 1997, Doctor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 1993 , Bachelor of Science in Biology, magna cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2000 – 2003, Fellow, Hematology/Oncology University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- 1998 – 2000, Resident, Internal Medicine Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, TX
- 1997 – 1998, Intern, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Horns RC, Bosserman LD, Presant CA, Vakil MJ, Upadhyaya GH, Martel CL, Ebrahimi B, Yeon CH. “Increasing Accrual to Clinical Trials in Community Cancer Centers: A Successful Method Using Electronic Medical Records.” Proc Amer Soc Clin Oncol 24, 2005.
- American Association of Cancer Research
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Community Oncology Alliance
- 2011 – 2013: Best Doctors in America, BestDoctors.com
- 2009 - ASCO Clinical Trials Participation Award
- 2008 - Excellence in Pain Management Award, Southern California Cancer Pain Initiative
- 2007 - Best Doctors in America, BestDoctors.com
- 2003 - Merit Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology 2002 – 2003: Chief Fellow, Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital Oncology Service
- 2001 – 2003: Bioimmunotherapy Fellowship Research Grant, National Cancer Institute