Benjamin Cahan , M.D.
- Radiation Oncology
“In medicine, we can combine cutting edge science, ingenuity and innovation with warmth and kindness to try to help the patient and their loved ones as best we can.”
Benjamin Cahan, M.D., treats patients at our South Pasadena practice. He is trained in all areas of radiation oncology including the latest advances in image-guided radiotherapy, brachytherapy, 3D conformal radiotherapy and 4D computed tomography simulation.
Dr. Cahan is a “home-grown” member of our City of Hope family. He joined us as a Resident in 2012 after receiving his medical degree and interning at UCLA.
Whether in the lab or the examination room, Dr. Cahan always puts his patients first. He has focused his research on the impact of different therapies on patients' quality of life. In his clinical practice he strives to calm patients' fears, and offer support and reassurance. He fully subscribes to City of Hope's “body and soul” credo. In his words: “We must care for our patients' entire selves, and not just their disease.”
- 2016 to present, Radiation Oncologist and Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, South Pasadena, CA
- 2011, David Geffen School of Medicine at University California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, M.D.
- 2005, Columbia University, New York, NY, Post-baccalaureate Premedical Program
- 2001, Columbia University, New York, NY, B.A. Economics
- 2015 - 2016, Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, C
- 2012 - 2015, Resident, Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA,
- California Medical License, Medical Board of California
Cahan BL, Chen YJC. “Field and Dose for Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma After Chemotherapy; In Regard to Yahalom et al.” Int J Radiation Oncol Biol Phys 2015, Accepted, in press
Demanes DJ, Banerjee R, Cahan BL, Lee SP, Park SJ, Fallon JM, Reyes P, Van TQ, Steinberg ML, Kamrava MR. “Ureteral stent insertion for gynecologic interstial high-dose-rate brachytherapy.” Brachytherapy. 2015 Mar-Apr;14(2):245-51
Han J, Girvigian MR, Chen JC, Miller MJ, Lodin K, Rahimian J, Arellano A, Cahan BL, Kaptein JS. “A comparative study of stereotactic radiosurgery, hypofractionated, and fractionaed stereotactic radiotherapy in the treatment of skull base meningioma.” Am J Clin Oncol. 2014 Jun;37(3):255-60
Khesbak, Z., Cahan, B., Appelberg, S., Deng-Bryant, Y., Prins, M.L. “Localization of GAPDH expression following controlled cortical impact in juvenile rats.” Journal of neurotrauma, 2009; 26:A47.
- 2015, Clinical Investigation Training Program Scholar, City of Hope
- 2010,Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society, UCLA
- 2001,David Estabrook Romine Scholar, Columbia University