Chandana Banerjee, M.D., M.P.A.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- End of Life Care
- Palliative Care
- Hospice Care
Chandana Banerjee, M.D., M.P.A., is an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Supportive Care Medicine, specializing in hospice and palliative care.
Dr. Banerjee earned her undergraduate degree with honors from the University of Connecticut in Stamford. After receiving her Master’s in Public Administration from NYU, she worked at Woodhull Medical Center as an assistant director in the Office of Compliance & Privacy Operations before joining Community Health Network of Connecticut, Inc., as the director of Marketing & Community Relations. In 2007, Dr. Banerjee went on to pursue a medical doctorate from Saba University School of Medicine in Netherlands Antilles, followed by an internship in the pediatric residency program at Albany Medical Center in New York. She continued her training with a residency in pediatrics at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, where she also completed a fellowship in adult hospice and palliative medicine.
Certified as an EPEC (Education in Palliative and End-of-life Care) trainer, Dr. Banerjee is fluent in Hindi, Marathi, and Bengali. She is affiliated with a number of professional societies including the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, the American College of HealthCare Executives, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Banerjee is also an accomplished speaker and has been consistently invited to lecture locally and nationally.
- 2016 to present - Assistant clinical professor, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2004 to 2005 - Director, Marketing & Community Relations, Community Health Network of Connecticut, Wallingford, CT
- 2004 - Assistant director, Office of Compliance & Privacy Operations, Woodhull Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- 2003 to 2004 - Consultant, Stamford Health Systems, Stamford, CT
- 1999 to 2002 - Manager, Training & Product Education, Acxiom Corporation - Healthcare Business Unit, Stamford, CT
- 1998 to 1999 - Senior technical writer, Computer Associates International, Stamford, CT
- 2011 - Saba University School of Medicine, Netherland Antilles, M.D.
- 2003 - New York University, New York, NY, M.P.A.
- 1998 - University of Connecticut, Stamford, CT, B.A. in English Literature, minor in Women's Studies
- 2014 to 2015 - Adult Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellow, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2012 to 2014 - Pediatric Resident, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2011 to 2012 - Pediatric Intern, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Adult Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of HealthCare Executives