Christopher Chung, M.D.
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Areas of Expertise
- Treatment of Pelvic Organ Prolapse (uterine, bladder, rectum and vaginal prolapse)
- Treatment of Bladder and Fecal Incontinence
- Complex Pelvic Floor Reconstructive Surgery
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
Other Languages Spoken
Christopher Chung, M.D., is a urogynecologist and an assistant clinical professor in the Division of Gynecologic Oncology Surgery.
Recruited from Scott White Healthcare and Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine in Temple, TX, Dr. Chung is a highly specialized expert in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery who attends to patients with challenging gynecological cancers and pelvic floor disorders.
He specializes in performing minimally invasive vaginal pelvic organ prolapse reconstructive surgery and incontinence surgery with the patient's own tissue (without the use of any mesh or foreign materials). All the procedures can be done at the same time as the initial cancer surgery, therefore minimizing the number of trips to the operating room for our patients.
Dr. Chung sees patients at the Duarte campus as well as at the Arcadia and Antelope Valley community practice sites.
- 2013 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor and Staff Surgeon, Department of Surgery, Division of Gynecologic Oncology Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2008 - 2010, Staff Physician, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Riverside and Parkview Community Hospitals, Riverside, CA and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Fontana, CA
- Gynecological Cancers
- Women's Cancer Program
- M.D., with honors, University of Nottingham Medical School, United Kingdom
- B.A., (Magna Cum Laude), chemistry/biochemistry, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Scott and White Healthcare, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple. TX
- Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (Academic Chief Resident 2007 - 2008)
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, St. Vincent's Medical Center, New York Medical College, New York, NY
Free seminar on pelvic floor disorders, treatments and cures on Nov. 11
November 05, 2015
Pelvic floor disorders don't have to be debilitating. Learn more
November 09, 2014
- Lane T, Chung C, Yandell P, Kuehl T, Larsen W, “Perineal Body Length and Perineal Lacerations during Delivery in Primigravid Patients", J of Reproductive Medicine. Accepted for publication 3/5/2015
- Joyce J, Chung C, Yandell P, “A Case of Bladder Erosion Related to Shirodkar Cerclage Placement”, J of Reproductive Medicine. Accepted for publication 1/8/2015
- Chung C, Kuehl T, Spoonts K, Martins D, Larsen W, Yandell P, Shull B, “Lack of Preoperative Predictors of the Immediate Return of Postoperative Bladder Emptying after Uterosacral Ligament Suspension”, South Med J. 2013 Apr;106(4):267-9.
- Chung C, Neese P, Bird E, “Computed Tomography Guided S3 Lead Placement for Sacral Neuromodulation”,Int Urogynecol J. 2013 Feb;24(2):349-51.
- Lindo F, Chung C, Yandell P, “Indigo Carmine Extravasation to Upper Limb after Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery”, Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Feb;121(2 Pt 2 Suppl 1):449-51.
- Ehsani N, Ghafar M, Antosh D, Tan-Kim J, Warner W, Mamik M, Brown H, Chung C, Segal S, Abed H, Murphy M, Stolzfus J, Molden S, “Risk Factors for Mesh Extrusion After Prolapse Surgery: A Case-Control Study”, Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012 Nov;18(6):357-361.
- Chung C, Castro E, Yandell P, “Periurethral Angioleiomyoma in a Female Patient”, Int Urogynecol J. 2012 Nov;23(11):1643-4.
- Chung C, Kuehl T, Larsen W, Yandell P, Shull B , “Recognition and Management of Nerve Entrapment Pain after Uterosacral Ligament Suspension”, Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Aug;120(2 Pt 1):292-5.
- Chung C, Harris S, McBride M, Kuehl T, Larsen W, Yandell P, Shull B, “The Incidence and Risk Factors of Post-operative Urinary Tract Infection after Uterosacral Ligament Suspension”, Int Urogynecol J. 2012 Jul;23(7):947-50.
- Chung C, Kingman A, Tsai L, Bird E, “Serious Complications from Single Incision Midurethral Sling Placement”, Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Feb;119(2 Pt 2):464-6.
- Chung C, Miskimins R, Kuehl T, Yandell P, Shull B, “Permanent Suture Used in Uterosacral Ligament Suspension Offers Better Anatomical Support than Delayed Absorbable Suture”, Int Urogynecol J. 2012 Feb;23(2):223-7.
- Chung C, Chisholm C, Shull B & Yandell P, “Nausea and Vomiting after Placement of Tension-Free Vaginal Tape Sling”, Obstet Gynecol., 2011 Feb;117(2 Pt 2):487-8.
- Chung C, Lee M, Chu P & Yen Y, “Case Report: Occurrence of fallopian tube cancer in a patient with previous history of estrogen receptor positive breast cancer”, BioScience Trends. 2009; 3(5): 200-201.
- Chung C, Gersell D & Kao M, “Incidental Placental Choriocarcinoma in a Term Pregnancy: a Case Report”, J of Med Case Reports. 2008, 2:330.
- Qiu W, Zhou B, Chu P, Liu X, Chen W, Chung C, Hwu P, Yeh C, Yen Y, Lopez R, Yen Y, “Over-expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 in human hepatocellular carcinoma.”, World J Gastroenterol. 2005 Sep 14;11(34):5266-72.
- Qiu W, Zhou B, Chu P, Lopez R, Shih J, Chung C, Yen Y, “Hypermethylation of growth arrest DNA damage-inducible gene 45β promoter in human hepatocellular carcinoma”, Am J Pathol. 2004 Nov;165(5):1689-99.
- McDonald JW, Behrens MI, Chung C, Bhattacharyya T, Choi DW, “Susceptibility to apoptosis is enhanced in immature cortical neurons”, Brain Res. 1997 Jun 13;759(2):228-32.