Haris Ali, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
Haris Ali, M.D.
Other Languages Spoken
Haris Ali, M.D., joined the Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT) as assistant professor following the completion of his HCT fellowship here at City of Hope.; Dr. Ali received his medical doctorate from Rawalpindi Medical College in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. He completed an internal medicine internship at the University of Maryland's Harbor Hospital Center in Baltimore, followed by an internal medicine residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he eventually was named chief resident and then stayed on for the next four years as an Instructor, and then Assistant Professor of Medicine.; Dr. Ali then decided to continue his training, completing a medical oncology/hematology fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX, before coming to City of Hope. During his fellowship, Dr. Ali received the Recognition Award for First Place in American Society of Clinical Oncology In-Service in 2011 and 2012, and the Recognition Award for First Place in American Society of Hematology In-Service Exam also in 2011 and 2012.; Dr. Ali is Board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology, and is available to see our patients with hematologic malignancy and BMT.
- 2013-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT), City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2013-present, Staff Physician, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2001 - Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan, M.D.
- 2009-2012 University of Texas Southwest (Hematology/Medical Oncology)
- 2012-2013 Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2004-2007 Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- 2003-2004, Intern, Internal Medicine, Harbor Hospital Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- 2011 & 2012, Recognition Award for First Place in American Society of Clinical Oncology In-service Exam
- 2011 & 2012, Recognition Award For First Place in American Society of Hematology In-service Exam
- 2006, Best Poster, American College of Physicians, California Chapter poster competition
- 2003, Winner Doctor’s Dilemma, American College of Physicians, Maryland Chapter
- 2001, Highest ranking medical school graduate
- class rank 3rd of 250
- 1999, Distinction in pathology