Mehdi M. Kebria, M.D.
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Robotic Surgery
- Cytoreductive Surgery with HIPEC
Mehdi M. Kebria, M.D., grew up in a family of physicians and is proud to carry on that tradition. He is board-certified in gynecologic oncology, obstetrics and gynecology, and specializes in ovarian, cervical, vulvar and uterine cancers.
As an accomplished clinician, Dr. Kebria has expertise in advanced robotic surgery and the use of cytoreductive surgery with HIPEC in the treatment of gynecologic cancers. Prior to City of Hope, Dr. Kebria served as director of robotic surgery and director of quality and patient safety at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.
A sought-after medical expert, Dr. Mehdi appears frequently in the media as an expert on women's cancers and has published dozens of peer-reviewed articles.
A native of Iran, Dr. Kebria received his medical degree from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science in Tehran. He completed residencies at University of Connecticut (general surgery), the Cleveland Clinic (OB/GYN) and the Mayo Clinic (gynecologic oncology).
- 2017-present, Gynecologic Oncologist, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, City of Hope
- 2014-2016, Gynecologic Oncologist, Private practice, Sutter Medical Group, Sacramento, CA
- 2010-2014, Staff, Gynecologic Oncologist, Assistant Professor of Surgery, 2011- 2014, Quality and Patient Safety Officer Main Campus - OB/GYN and Women’s Institute Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1998, M.D., Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
- 2007 – 2010, Gynecologic Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- 2003 – 2007, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- General Surgery, 2002 – 2003, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Hartford, CT
- Gynecology oncology
- Obstetrics and gynecology
January 31, 2018
August 04, 2017
June 08, 2017
- 2019, Top Doctor, Gynecology, Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2014, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Award of Excellence
- 2014, Teacher of the Year Award at Cleveland Clinic
- 2007, Special excellence in Endoscopic procedures, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- 2007, Resident Achievement Award, Society of Laparoscopic Surgeon