Monzr M. Al Malki, M.D.
- Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
Hematologist/oncologist Al Malki, M.D. joins City of Hope as Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Dr. Al Malki graduated from the Damascus University School of Medicine (DUSM), Syria in 2003. He continued his education at Cleveland Clinic’s Huron Hospital, completing his internship and residency in internal medicine. He then went on to earn two fellowships - the first in hematology and medical oncology at Boston University School of Medicine Program at Roger William Medical Center in Providence, RI, and the latter here at City of Hope in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Board-certified in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology, Dr. Al Malki holds memberships with several professional societies including the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. He is also serving as an inspector-trainee for FACT (Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy).
Dr. Al Malki has served as a postdoctoral research fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. He has written several publications and has been invited to discuss his work at presentations and poster sessions.
- 2015 - Present, Staff Physician, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2015 - Present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2008 - 2011, Attending Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Our lady of Fatima Hospital, St. Joseph Health Services of RI, North Providence, RI
- 1998-2002 - Damascus University School of Medicine, Damscus, Syria, M.D.
- 1996-1998 - Aleppo University School of Medicine, Aleppo, Syria
- 2014-2015 - Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Fellow, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-2014 - Hematology and Clinical Oncology Fellow, Roger Williams Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Providence, RI
- 2003 - Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 2006-2008 - Medical Resident, Internal Medicine Department, Cleveland Clinic, Huron Hospital, East Cleveland, OH
- 2005-2006 - Internal Medicine Internship, Cleveland Clinic, Huron Hospital, East Cleveland, OH
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- 2014, American Society for Blood and MarrowTransplantation
- 2011-American Society of Clinical Oncology
- 2011-American Society of Hematology
- 2005-American College of Physicians