Nancy Danielle Ebelt, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Immuno-Oncology
Nancy Danielle Ebelt, Ph.D.
Research Focus :
- Mechanisms of resistance to molecularly-targeted therapies
- Roles of growth factor signaling in solid tumor progression
- 2018-present, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Immuno-Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2016-2017, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2015-2016, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Texas at Austin, Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry, Austin, TX
- 2007-2015, Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, The University of Texas at Austin, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Austin, TX
- 2015, The University of Texas at Austin, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Austin, TX, Ph.D., Cell and Molecular Biology
- 2007, Texas A&M University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College Station, TX, B.S., Genetics
- Ebelt ND, Edupuganti R, Kaoud TS, Dalby KN, Van Den Berg CL. A c-Jun N-terminal Kinase inhibitor, JNK-IN-8, sensitizes triple negative breast cancer cells to lapatinib. Manuscript in revision.
- Ebelt ND*, Tavares CD*, Xie X*, Naguip YW, Jose J, Ruwona TB, Devkota AK, Park J, Kaoud TS, Anslyn EV, Chang JT, Cui Z, Bartholomeusz C, Dalby KN. *=Co-First Authors. The serotonin analog 2-(5-(dodecyloxy)-1H-indol-3-yl)ethan-1-amine (2-DEA) inhibits triple-negative breast cancer cell growth both in vitroand in vivo through inhibition of Akt/mTOR signaling. Manuscript in preparation.
- Jose J*, Tavares CD*, Ebelt ND*, Lodi A, Edupuganti R, Xie X, Devkota AK, Kaoud TS, Van Den Berg CL, Tiziani S, Anslyn EV, Bartholomeusz C, Dalby KN. *=Co-First Authors. Serotonin analogs as inhibitors of breast cancer cell growth. Manuscript in preparation.
- Cantrell MA*, Ebelt ND* Pfefferle AD, Perou CM, Van Den Berg CL. c-Jun N-terminal kinase 2 prevents luminal cell commitment in normal mammary glands and tumors by inhibiting p53/Notch1 and breast cancer gene 1 expression. *=Co-First Authors. Oncotarget, 6(14), 11863-11881 (2015)
- Chen WT, Ebelt ND, Stracker TH, Xhemalce B, Van Den Berg CL, Miller KM. ATM regulation of IL-8 links oxidative stress to cancer cell migration and invasion. eLife 2015; 10.7554/eLife.07270 (2015)
- Ebelt ND, Cantrell MA, Van Den Berg CL. c-Jun N-Terminal Kinases Mediate a Wide Range of Targets in the Metastatic Cascade. Genes Cancer. Sep; 4(9-10):378-87 (2013)
- Chen P, O'Neal JF, Ebelt ND, Cantrell MA, Mitra S, Nasrazadani A, Vandenbroek TL, Heasley LE, Van Den Berg CL. Jnk2 Effects on Tumor Development, Genetic Instability and Replicative Stress in an Oncogene-Driven Mouse Mammary Tumor Model. PLoS ONE 5(5): e10443 (2010)
- Gold JR, Saillant E, Ebelt ND, Lem S. Conservation Genetics of Gray Snapper (Lutjanus griseus) in U.S. Waters of the Northern Gulf of Mexico and Western Atlantic Ocean. Copeia (2):277-286 (2009)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)