Ramona Kyaw, M.D.
- Radiation Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Women's Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancer
From an early age, Ramona M. Kyaw, M.D., knew she wanted to be a doctor. It runs in the family. “My father is a physician and my mother a nurse,” she says.
A radiation oncologist with two decades' experience, Dr. Kyaw specializes in treating women's cancers. She sees medicine as an ideal way to help people, and radiation oncology “allows me to care for people when they are at their most vulnerable.”
Dr. Kyaw received her medical degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City. She completed her internship at the Mayo Clinic and residency at University of Southern California.
Passionate about the daily care of her patients, Dr. Kyaw employs the latest technologies to minimize normal tissue damage and side effects. She says City of Hope provides the opportunity to practice at the highest clinical standards while also providing access to clinical trials and compelling research.
- 2018-present, Staff Physician, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, California
- 1997-present, Staff Physician, Radiation Oncology, Huntington Memorial Hospital, Pasadena, California
Huntington Radiation Oncology
625 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Suite 100
Pasadena, CA 91105
- 1991, B.A./M.D. Combined Degree Program, Dual Major in Biology and Chemistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1996, Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- 1993-1996, Radiation Oncology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- 1991-1992, Preliminary Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- American Board of Radiology in Radiation Oncology
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology