Sanaz Ghaffari, M.D.
Areas of Expertise
- Regional Anesthesiology
Other Languages Spoken
It is the bond you build with your patients, compassion and empathy for their needs.”
Whether it's an orphanage in Burma or a clinic for low-income families in Venice, Sanaz Ghaffari M.D. has always made a point of volunteeringher time and sharing her expertise.
Dr. Ghaffari specializes in regional anesthesia, focusing on a specific part of the body to help reduce pain following surgery. She completed a regional anesthesia fellowship and general anesthesia residency at USC, after receiving her medical degree at University of Toledo.
Dr. Ghaffari also has a technical background, with a degree in electrical engineering. Before entering medical school she worked at the Raytheon Company as a software engineer. “I hope to bring my skills to further innovate and advance patient care at City of Hope,” she says.
- 2018-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2017-2018, General Anesthesiologist, Bayside Anesthesia Medical Group, Santa Monica, CA
- 2012, M.D., University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, OH
- 2004, B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- 2016-2017, Regional Anesthesia, USC Anesthesiology Residency Program, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2013-2016, Anesthesiology, USC Anesthesiology Residency Program, Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 2012-2013, Preliminary Medicine, Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA
- American Board of Anesthesiology Oral Exam
- American Board of Anesthesiology Part 2
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular life Support
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- American Board of Anesthesiology Part 1
- Medical Board of California, Active