Syed Rahmanuddin, M.D.
- Assistant Research Professor of Radiology and Head of 3D Oncologic Imaging Center, Department of Diagnostic Radiology
Syed Rahmanuddin, M.D.
- Cancer Radiology
My research focus is cancer radiology and 3-D quantitative volume on ultrasound, computed tomograph and magnetic resonance modality. There is transition of 2-D radiology into 3-D radiology which is highlighting important hidden information to diagnose and treat the disease, especially in the oncology area. Our advanced technology explores the pixels data on each slice and produced the Voxel based volume which provides clinically relevant information. This information will be very helpful for clinicians to predict the disease outcome. I have standardized 3-D advanced imaging protocol for ultrasound, computed tomography and magnetic resonance which gives thin cuts in-depth info on 3-D imaging. This area of research is growing dramatically and introducing imaging biomarker for clinical diagnoses and outcome. I consider 3-D radiology is the future of radiology.
I have goals to investigate more imaging biomarker for the early detection of tumor in all different area of body. This quantitative 3-D imaging approach will highlight latest up-to-date on new imaging biomarker for the early detection of cancer.
- 2017 - Current, Assistant Research Professor of Radiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2015 - Current, Founder and Head of 3D Oncologic Imaging Center, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2013 - 2015, Director Clinical Application and 3D Clinical Imaging, Radnet Inc.
- 2011 - 2012, Director 4D Quantitative Imaging Center, Keck Medical Center of USC, Los Angeles, CA
- 2011 - 2012, Clinical Instructor Radiology, USC Health Sciences Center, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, CA
- 2005 - 2006, Clinical Imaging Research Assistant, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma, OK
- 2001 - 2004, Research Associate, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- 1998 - 2001, Resident Medical Officer Physician, MOH Maldives & Nadeem Medical Center, Karachi
- 1997 - 1998, Resident House Physician, Civil Hospital, Karachi
- 1997, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan, M.B.B.S. (M.D.)
- 2011, Surgical Oncology Imaging Department, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
- 2007, Cancer Radiology Department, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Neph1 and nephrin interaction in the slit diaphragm is an important determinant of glomerular permeability. Liu G, Kaw B, Kurfis J, Rahmanuddin S, Kanwar YS and Chugh SS. The Journal of clinical investigation. 2003; 112(2):209-21.
- Perfusion MDCT enables early detection of therapeutic response to antiangiogenic therapy. Sabir A, Schor-Bardach R, Wilcox CJ, Rahmanuddin S, Atkins MB, Kruskal JB, Signoretti S, Raptopoulos VD and Goldberg SN. AJR. American journal of roentgenology. 2008; 191(1):133-9.
- Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme: ADC histogram analysis predicts response to bevacizumab treatment. Pope WB, Kim HJ, Huo J, Alger J, Brown MS, Gjertson D, Sai V, Young JR, Tekchandani L, Cloughesy T, Mischel PS, Lai A, Nghiemphu P, Rahmanuddin S and Goldin J. Radiology. 2009; 252(1):182-9.
- Liposomal doxorubicin increases radiofrequency ablation-induced tumor destruction by increasing cellular oxidative and nitrative stress and accelerating apoptotic pathways. Solazzo SA, Ahmed M, Schor-Bardach R, Yang W, Girnun GD, Rahmanuddin S, Levchenko T, Signoretti S, Spitz DR, Torchilin V and Goldberg SN. Radiology. 2010; 255(1):62-74.
- Assessment of post-atrial switch baffle integrity using a modified dual extremity injection cardiac computed tomography angiography technique. Saremi F, Kang J, Rahmanuddin S and Shavelle D. International journal of cardiology. 2013; 162(2):e25-7.
- Renal tumor contact surface area: a novel parameter for predicting complexity and outcomes of partial nephrectomy. Leslie S, Gill IS, de Castro Abreu AL, Rahmanuddin S, Gill KS, Nguyen M, Berger AK, Goh AC, Cai J, Duddalwar VA, Aron M and Desai MM. European urology. 2014; 66(5):884-93.
- Associate Member, City of Hope's Comprehensive Cancer Center: Developmental Cancer Therapeutics
- Associate Editor, Journal of Cancer Prevention & Current Research
- Editorial board, Cancer Therapy & Oncology International Journal
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Current Trends in Clinical & Medical Imaging
- Member, Institutional Review Board Committee, Oklahoma University- Radiology, Oklahoma City, OK
- Member, Clinical Research Associates
- Member, Midwest Microscopy & Microanalysis Society
- Member, World Society of Interventional Oncology
- Member, Radiological Society of North America
- Member, Dow Graduate Association of North America
- Member, Harvard University Post-Doc Association
- Organizing Committee Member, Radiology and Imaging
- 2006, NCI Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, Radiology BIDMC, Harvard University
- 2010, NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham