Thomas P. Joseph, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
Thomas P. Joseph, M.D.
Other Languages Spoken
- Hindi and Malayalam
Patients praise Thomas P. Joseph, M.D. for his medical skills, his research background and, perhaps most important, how well he listens. Little surprise then, that Dr. Joseph singles out one of his mentors for his “compassion and bedside manner.”
Educated in India, Dr. Joseph turned to hematology while training at the Stratton VA hospital in Albany, New York. He completed a hematology/oncology fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
Dr. Joseph has been a fixture in the Valencia and Mission Hills, California, communities for more than a decade, both in private practice and at Henry Mayo Newhall Medical Center. He regards City of Hope as a “pioneer in cancer research and treatment,” and he says transitioning his practice and patients to City of Hope was an “automatic choice.”
- 2017-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Santa Clarita, California
- 2006-2017, Physician, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Private Practice, Valencia and Granada Hills, California
- 2002-2003, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York
- 1995, M.B.B.S., Government Medical College, Trivandrum, India
- 2003-2006, Hematology/Oncology, Division of Neoplastic Diseases and Related Disorders, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- 1999-2002, Internal Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- 1995-1995, Rotating Internship, Government Medical College, Trivandrum, India
- 2007, ABIM Hematology
- 2007, ABIM Oncology
- Joseph TP, Hari PN, Paul M, Richardson PG, Wade JC, Vesole DH. Successful Use of Defibrotide in Gemtuzumab ozogamicin-induced Hepatic Veno-occlusive Disease in Non-Transplant Settings. 2005 submitted to Blood
- Joseph TP, Wereley JP, Chitambar CR, Gallium nitrate as a novel agent for the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma. Targets and mechanisms of action. Abstract presentation American Association of Cancer Research San Diego, CA. 2005
- 2012, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- 2005, American Association for Cancer Research
- 2004, American Society of Hematology
- 2004-2005, Top 3 Teaching Fellows Of The Year, Dept. of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee