Wei-Chien Michael Lin, M.D.
- Gynecologic Oncology
“It’s important to show (patients) that there’s light at the end of the tunnel ... that these diseases are treatable and people can beat the odds and survive and live a meaningful productive life.”
Patients call Wei-Chien Michael Lin, M.D., “warm,” “caring,” “a superb doctor” and “a genius” in the field of minimally-invasive robotic surgery for uterine and other women’s cancers.
Born in Taiwan, Dr. Lin studied electrical engineering at UCLA, then earned his medical degree from George Washington University. He continued his training at Temple University and the University of Texas.
Dr. Lin joined City of Hope in 2014 after more than a decade at the Women’s Cancer Center of Southern California.
- 2014-present, Associate Clinical Professor and Staff Surgeon, City of Hope, Mission Hills and Santa Clarita, CA
- 2001-2014, Staff Surgeon, Women’s Cancer Center of Southern California, Sherman Oaks, CA
- 1993, M.D., George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- 1986, B.S.,School of Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1997-2001, Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- 1993-1997, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- ABOG/Gynecolgoic Oncology
- California Medical License