How to give back: Choose a gift that supports cancer research
December 9, 2013
| by Denise Heady
The third in a series about how to give, and give back, during the holiday season ...
Giving back this holiday season is easier than ever.
Retailers are increasingly embracing the spirit of the holiday season by partnering with charities and nonprofit organizations to benefit the greater good. These relationships offer a variety of ways for shoppers to purchase gifts that also help people in need.
City of Hope, for example, partners with a variety of respected brands that support the institution's groundbreaking research. Shoppers who purchase gifts from City of Hope’s partnered retailers — such as Staples and 3M — are also helping fight cancer, because a percentage of the sales goes to research, treatment and education programs.
So why give once when you can give twice? Shop for a cause this holiday season and purchase gifts that give back.
Here are five gifts that also support cancer research:
- Josie Maran Cosmetics: Have a family member that loves make-up? Josie Maran Cosmetics has committed to donating $1 to City of Hope for women’s cancers research, treatment and education programs for each GOGO mascara that is purchased.
- Linea Pelle: Every Thursday, the luxury handbag boutique will donate 5 percent of all purchases to City of Hope’s breast cancer research, treatment and education programs.
- Murad: Do good and look great with Murad’s Hydrate for Hope, a specially marked moisturizer. Murad will donate 10 percent from the sale of this set to City of Hope’s women’s cancers research, treatment and education programs. Hydrate for Hope will be available at murad.com, Massage Envy, Sephora.com, Sephora inside JC Penney, Beauty Brands, Army/Air Force Exchange and independent spas and salons.
- Health-Ade: Know a few tea lovers? Health-Ade, a kombucha tea company, is supporting City of Hope by donating 10 percent of sales from its pomegranate tea to City of Hope's superfoods research. Pomegranate Health-Ade is available at select retailers, online and at farmer's markets in Southern California.
View the full list of retailers that give back to cancer research at City of Hope
- ACCO: Get a jump-start on the New Year with one of ACCO's specially marked calendars, planners and notebooks. Since 2008, ACCO has donated more than $2 million to City of Hope for breast cancer research, treatment and education.
You may also be interested in