Councils and Industries
Visionaries of industry founded City of Hope in 1913 when garment workers and manufacturers in downtown Los Angeles gathered funds to purchase the land on which the Medical Center now exists. This concept of industry partnership at City of Hope is unique among philanthropies nationwide. For nearly 30 years, these industries have been instrumental to the success of City of Hope, raising hundreds of millions of dollars to support cancer research and treatment.
- Chicago Construction and Real Estate Council
- Chicago Construction and Real Estate Future Leaders
- Real Estate Action Committee for City of Hope
- Midwest Committee of the National Insurance Industry Council
- Greater Chicago Packaging Council
Since its inception in 1988, the Greater Chicago Packaging Council has raised more than $1,000,000 in support of the search for a cure for cancer and other life-threatening diseases.