Give With Confidence
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone: 866-683-4673
Donor Bill of Rights
At City of Hope, our partnership with our donors is one of our most important assets. We believe in maintaining an honest and transparent relationship with those who join us in the search for new treatments and cures for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. The Donor of Bill of Rights is a guiding principle adopted by nonprofit organizations performing at the highest levels in their commitments to transparency and service to donors. City of Hope, through the practices and operations of the Office of Philanthropy, endorses and adopts all tenants of the Donor Bill of Rights in practice and philosophy.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, City of Hope declares that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of City of Hope’s mission, of the way City of Hope intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on City of Hope’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to City of Hope’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing City of Hope to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of City of Hope, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from either City of Hope’s mailing list or lists that City of Hope may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.