City of Hope Community
- International Students and Scholars Association (ISSA)
- Postdoctoral Training Office (PTO)
- Postdoctoral Association (PDA)
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiative (D&I)
Center for International Medicine (CIM)
International Students & Scholars Organization (ISSA) fosters the education, development and engagement of all international students and scholars to enable them to achieve their academic, professional and personal goals and objectives. ISSA provides advocacy and support regarding specific international community needs. ISSA supports an environment conducive to international education and intercultural awareness via educational, social and cross-cultural programs.
Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions or suggestions.
Follow us on:
Office of Faculty Affaiirs
Please visit the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) intranet webpage (internal only) for more information
The PDA encourages postdoctoral fellows to interact with each other and with graduate students and provides opportunities for educational, professional and social growth.
- Asian American Community
- Connecting People of African Descent for Hope
- Latinos for Hope
- Pride in the City
- Women’s Professional Network
- Young Professionals Network
The Center for International Medicine (CIM) expands City of Hope’s mission with a global perspective:
- Improve access to clinical services to our local and overseas ethnic communities.
- Develop business partnerships that link the expert care and innovation at City of Hope to improve patient care outside the United States.
- Build academic collaborations that speed scientific discovery and dissemination of new knowledge worldwide.
- Services for international patients
The CIM Patient Services Team works with patients and families to streamline administrative requirements, coordinate the complex process of cancer care, and reduce worry and anxiety. Our goal is to make it easy for patients to focus on getting better and feeling well. CIM provides personalized, culturally appropriate support for international patients seeking advanced cancer care at City of Hope. Our services start before the patient leaves home and continues throughout his or her cancer journey. Each patient is assigned an international patient liaison who speaks the patient’s language or arranges for interpreter.
Please visit Center for International Medicine (CIM) website for more information.