E-3 for Australian Citizens

Eligibility Requirements
The E-3 non-immigrant category is only available to Australian citizens seeking to enter the United States (U.S.) for the purpose of working in a "specialty occupation" (an occupation that requires a body of specialized knowledge along with at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent).  Some positions may require additional license, registration, or certification that authorizes one to fully practice the specialty occupation and be immediately engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment.
Maximum Period of Stay
E-3 status is granted initially for up to two (2) years, and can be renewed indefinitely as long as beneficiary can establish nonimmigrant intent in the US.
Spouses and Children of E-3
E-3D are for the spouse and/or child/ren (under the age of 21) who wish to accompany the principal E-3 visa holder (or join at a later date) in the U.S. E-3D visas can be obtained s at the U.S. Consulate.
An E-3D is eligible to work in the U.S. However, the E-3D must first file  Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Document Card (EAD) with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services  (USCIS) (establish link to USCIS or www.uscis.gov)  The physical EAD card must be received by the E-3D before one start employment in the U.S.
How to Apply for E-3
No formal petition to USCIS is required. City of Hope International Students and Scholars Office and it an immigration law firms will prepare and get certified a Labor Condition Application (LCA) for the U.S. Department of Labor (DOS) and an E-3 packet.  The E-3 applicant may then apply at a U.S. Consulate using the certified LCA and E-3 packet (i.e. support letter, résumé and applicable academic degrees, proof of citizenship.
Contact the International Students and Scholars Office at international@coh.org for details of E-3 visa sponsorship.