Stephen Koehler, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
With over four decades in the medical profession, Stephen Koehler, M.D. is a fixture at City of Hope's South Pasadena facility, where he's served since 1999.
Board-certified in hematology and medical oncology, Dr. Koehler has also been training future physicians since 1982 and he directs the oncology unit at Huntington Hospital.
Dr. Koehler received his medical degree at University of California, Irvine, and continued his training at County-USC Medical Center in Los Angeles. His first exposure to City of Hope actually came in 1980-81 when he completed a postgraduate oncology fellowship.
Dr. Koehler is heavily involved in numerous clinical trials investigating the effectiveness of a variety of drug combinations for the treatment of breast cancer.
- 1999 - Present, Staff Physician, City of Hope South Pasadena, CA
- 1982 - 1998, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, LAC + USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 1974, University of California, Irvine, California, M.D.
- 1970, University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. - Cellular and Organismal Biology
- 1980 - 1981, City of Hope, Duarte, CA, Oncology
- 1978 - 1980, LAC + USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA - Hematology
- 1975 - 1978, LAC+ USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine:
- Internal Medicine 1977
- Hematology 1980
- Medical Oncology 1981
- Levine, A.M.; Taylor, C.R.; Schneider, D.R.; Koehler, S.C.; Forman, S. J.; Lichenstein, A.; Lukes, R.J.; Feinstein, D.I., “Immunoblastic Sarcoma of T-cell vs. B-cell Origin: I Clinical Features,” Blood, Volume 58, No. 1, July, 1981, pp. 52-61.
Levine, A.M.; Forman, S.H.; Meyer, P. R.; Koehler, S.C.; Liebman, H.; Paganini-Hill, A.; Pockros, A.; Lukes, R.J.; Feinstein, D.I., “Successful Therapy of Convolute T-lymphoblastic Lymphoma in the Adult,” Blood, Volume 61, No. 1, January, 1983, pp. 92-98.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1970
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1974
- Mosby Book Award, UCI School of Medicine, 1971
- Lang Book Award, UCI School of Medicine, 1972 - 1973
- Outstanding Senior Student, UCI School of Medicine, 1974