Chicken Lettuce Cups recipe (w/video)
January 15, 2019
| by Molly Peck
This Asian inspired dish is often filled with preservatives and ingredients high in sodium and sugar. To avoid this, try to prepare your favorite restaurant and take out foods at home. That way you have more control over what you’re putting in your body. This recipe, courtesy of City of Hope Executive Chef Christian Eggerling, is made with lean protein and whole vegetables, making it perfect for cancer preventive, diabetic and heart healthy diets.
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, cored, washed, gently separated leaves
- 1½ lbs chicken thigh, boneless, small dice
- 4 green onions, washed, small dice
- ½ bunch cilantro, fresh, minced and reserve leaves for garnish
- ½ cup lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup ginger, fresh, grated, then juiced (squeeze by hand)
- 2 oz garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 oz lime juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Place soy, vinegar, ginger juice, garlic and lime juice in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces for approximately one hour.
- Drain chicken from marinade and reserve remaining marinade.
- Core Bibb lettuce and peel the leaves gently, then layer with a few ice cubes on top and put them in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil into a smoking hot frying pan and sauté chicken pieces, along with green onion, until chicken pieces have browned on all sides.
- Deglaze pan with a half cup of the marinade.
- Season with minced cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce cups on a plate, carefully spoon chicken into the cup and garnish with the cilantro leaves.
- Serve while warm.
, Thank you for supporting our mission of eliminating cancer and other life-threatening diseases! Make sure to check your inbox from time to time for the latest City of Hope updates and breakthroughs.
, Unable to process your request. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try after sometime.
You may also be interested in