This healthy and delicious cauliflower soup will satisfy your craving for something creamy without the added fat content of heavy cream. In fact, it contains no dairy at all, making it a great vegan option. Courtesy of City of Hope Executive Chef Christian Eggerling.
YieldServes 12 people
- 2 heads cauliflower, washed, cut down to florettes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 bunch of fresh chives, mince a small amount for garnish, the rest for oil
- 4 oz canola oil
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp salt
- In a sauce pan heat oil to smoking hot.
- In a blender, place the chives and the hot oil and puree.
- Strain and reserve to add as garnish.
- In a sauce pan heat 1 tbsp of oil to smoking hot and saute garlic. When browned, add nutmeg and toast lightly.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add cauliflower florettes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until cauliflower is very tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the liquid and place into a blender.
- Place enough liquid over the cauliflower to almost cover it in the blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and drizzle with chive oil.