Waheed Murad, M.D., M.R.C.P.
- Medical Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Gastrointestinal oncology
- Multiple myeloma
Other Languages Spoken
I joined City of Hope because I wanted to be a part of a culture that values each patient as an individual and strives to provide an unparalleled quality of care.”
Watching his grandfather struggle with cancer, in a country where basic care was difficult to obtain, inspired Waheed Murad, M.D., at a very young age to become a doctor specializing in oncology.
Dr. Murad received his medical degree in Pakistan, where he also served his first internship, followed by residencies in internal medicine, hematology and oncology at hospitals in the U.K. Arriving in the U.S. a short time later, he continued his training at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, University of California, San Diego, the Mayo Clinic and University of New Mexico Cancer Center.
Dr. Murad joins City of Hope's Antelope Valley facility after serving six years at facilities across California, including Stanford University, University of California, Riverside and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Riverside. His research interests include gastrointestinal oncology and multiple myeloma, because of the “recent advances in the past few years.”
- 2017-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Antelope Valley, CA
- 2015-2017, Assistant Professor, University of California, Riverside, CA
- 2014-2017, Hematologist and Oncologist, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, San Jose, CA
- 1999, Doctor of Medicine, Khyber Medical Collenge, Pakistan, M.B.B.S.
- 2011-2014, Hematology/Oncology, University of New Mexico Cancer Center, Albuquerque, NM
- 2005-2006, Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
- 2002-2005, Wrexham Maelor Hospital North East Wales NHS Trust, United Kingdom
- 2007-2008, Internal Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- 2000-2001, Khyber Teaching Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
- 2014, Leadership Award University of New Mexico
- 1993, Best Cadet of the Year, Cadet College Razmak, Pakistan