Judy & Bernard Briskin Center for Clinical Research
The Judy & Bernard Briskin Center for Clinical Research is built upon the idea that an atmosphere of kindness and compassion can be just as important as the treatment and care we deliver.
The center, made possible by a generous gift from Judy and Bernard Briskin and the Briskin Family Foundation, unifies our clinical research and trials programs in a newly renovated, modern facility on our main campus in Duarte, California.
By bringing together clinical research services, treatments and the respective multidisciplinary team in one place, we are able to deliver truly coordinated care in a way that is convenient for our patients. The new center will allow us to offer our patients the most innovative therapies in a bright, comforting atmosphere with the latest technological advances.
Services and Features
The wide range of clinical and supportive care services for patients undergoing clinical research include:
- Multidisciplinary team
- Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse coordinators, schedulers, research navigators, pharmacy and lab staff
- Infusion appointments
- All 17 infusion spaces include individual charging stations and iPads with high-speed Wi-Fi that allows free access to entertainment services, including cable TV and movies
- Five private rooms with personal temperature and natural light control
- Onsite ancillary services including dedicated pharmacy, lab services and electrocardiogram
- Access to support services including physical therapy, financial services, transportation coordination and a direct connection to all of the support services offered through the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center
- Provides convenience by moving all of the necessary clinical research services and staff to one place, so many of our patients will be able to complete their appointments in a single visit at a single location. Onsite, dedicated pharmacy services will also reduce prescription fill times.
- Hosts a spacious and comfortable reception area, dedicated registration area and indoor and outdoor seating areas for patients and their families
- Located in a building directly across from Parking Lot A and near valet parking, so it is easily accessible to patients
- Outfitted with the latest AV options for patients’ personal entertainment
- Offers expanded hours by opening at 7 a.m. and closing at 10:30 p.m., Monday through Friday