Host a Blood Drive Near You
Arrange a blood drive in your community
By joining forces with us, you can count on:
- A program customized to fit your needs
- Recognition for your business or group invitations to special events for our community partners
- Availability of our staff to speak at your luncheons or business meetings
- A display-worthy certificate honoring your contribution
All blood drives conducted by City of Hope are set up in an enclosed room at your location. We supply all of the necessary equipment, including beds. Please note that all blood products collected by City of Hope are used for City of Hope patients and we do not sell or transfer any blood products to other hospitals.
Proof of liability insurance is provided upon request. Request must be submitted at least seven working days prior to the blood drive.
To host a blood drive, you will need to:
- Designate a contact person who will become familiar with the requirements for blood donation and schedule blood donors.
- Schedule your blood drive with the City of Hope coordinator at least five weeks in advance.
- Identify a site before we can confirm the blood drive. The site must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 1,000 square feet (one room or combined rooms) of cleared area
- Sufficient lighting and electrical outlets
- Well ventilated (air conditioned and/or heated)
- Restrooms onsite
- Running water
- Accessible for loading and unloading of supplies
- Cleared of furniture
- Minimum of 50 committed donors must sign the donor sign-up list. The complete donor list must be forwarded to City of Hope coordinator seven working days before the drive.
City of Hope retains the right to withdraw from this commitment in the event of a medical center emergency.