Coordinated involvement of teachers and school administrators is critical to the educational success of students undergoing medical treatment and recovery. Our pediatric medical and supportive care team at City of Hope knows firsthand how patients benefit from the education and socialization a school system provides.
So if you're an education professional with questions about students you know who are undergoing treatment at City of Hope, or simply want to learn more, we look forward to working with you.
Our School Program offers the following services to help young patients keep pursuing educational success:
- Re-entry service coordination between the hospital, school and family
- Medical letters from physicians
- Educational materials and information for school faculty and staff about the medical and psychological effects of treatment and recovery
- On-site school presentations for fellow students
- IEP and 504 recommendation assistance and hospital staff representation during on-site school planning meetings
Please let us know how we can be of assistance. Our goal? To help your students thrive academically and developmentally throughout their treatment and recovery.
Get in touch
Contact our School Program today if you have questions regarding a student undergoing medical treatment or recovery.