We all know continuing education can be expensive. Affording it can get even more complicated for families and students by the realities and expenses of receiving extended medical treatment. But many organizations and foundations are ready to help out by providing scholarships to students in treatment and recovery for cancer and blood disorders.
Cancer-specific scholarship listings:
- Information about scholarships, including ones specifically for cancer patients, cancer survivors, children of a patient or survivor, and others touched by cancer or pursuing a career in cancer treatment.
- Information on college scholarships
- A support organization for the young adults who have, or have had, cancer.
Bleeding disorder scholarship listings:
Hemophilia Federation of America - A listing of scholarship and student aid resources for people with blood disorders.
National Hemophilia Foundation - Another list of available scholarships.
Non-cancer scholarship listings:
- A broad guide to student financial aid.
- Free application for Federal Student Aid, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
Please note that scholarship availability can change at the discretion of each organization and listing. Please double-check with these organizations before finalizing your educational plan.
Additionally, please contact our School Program
at City of Hope if you have any questions, or can suggest additional leads for scholarship information. We're always on the lookout for additional scholarship resources! Contact Kayla Fulginiti, MSW, School Program Coordinator, at 626-256-4673
or send an email to [email protected].