Podcasts on Cancer Treatment
This new podcast series called Busting Marrow Myths from National Bone Marrow Transplant Link nbmtLINK will dispel, educate and empower patients and families. Check out all seven episodes, intended to provide answers, inspiration, resources and coping skills sure to make a difference.
For more information, visit nbmtLINK
- Episode 1 Are Most Eligible or Ineligible for CAR T-cell Therapy?
This podcast features Dr. H Kent Holland of Northside Hospital
- Episode 2 If I Am over 60, Am I Too Old for a Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant?
This podcast features Dr. Marco Mielcarek of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Episode 3 I do not have a match in my family? Am I Out of Options?
This podcast features Dr. Effie Petersdorf of the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Episode 4 Will My Chronic GVHD Ever End?
Patients who develop chronic graft versus host disease sometimes feel like it will never end. Dr. Steve Pavletic of the National Institutes of Health busts this myth and explains various treatment options for cGVHD.
- Episode 5 Does Palliative Care Mean Hospice? NO, it is illness treatment and it improves function.
Join Shirley Otis-Green, an expert in this subject as she shares her wealth of knowledge and a plethora of resources.
- Episode 6 My doctor recommended a Clinical Trial. Aren’t they dangerous and exploratory?
This episode features Anna DeSalvo, MS, CGC, who is a Patient Education Specialist with the Jason Carter Clinical Trials Program (JCCTP) operated by Be The Match.
- Episode 7 Is Our Love Enough To Get Through This?
This episode features Jennifer Gillette, our licensed staff social worker who has more than two decades of experience helping patients and their families navigate the cancer journey. As almost half of all marriages end regardless of cancer, this is myth to explore. After all, didn’t these couples once love each other?