Survivorship Care and Clinics
The transition from active care to the survivorship phase of care can be difficult. What do you tell new doctors? What if symptoms return?
To help you thrive as a City of Hope cancer survivor, you’ll receive a Survivorship Care Plan at the end of treatment that you can use to navigate any post-treatment needs you may have.
Created by your healthcare team, this personalized document summarizes your diagnosis and treatment, and gives future healthcare providers a guide to monitor and manage ongoing physical and psychosocial care.
Think of it as “road map” with valuable resources, as well as a guide if you experience symptoms in the future.
The Survivorship Care Plan includes:
- Diagnosis information, including site, stage, grade, hormone status and biomarker results
- Treatment details, including type of treatment, agents used, beginning and ending dates
- Key City of Hope contact information
- Information about the potential long-term and late effects of treatment
- Guidelines for surveillance and follow-up care
- Recommendations for leading a healthy lifestyle
- Resources on available psychosocial care and support services
- Information on insurance, employment and financial issues