Benjamin J. Yuh, M.D.
- Urologic Oncology
“I knew from an early age that I wanted to help people with medical illnesses.”
Medicine is indeed a family affair for Benjamin Yuh. And it's personal.
His father is a colorectal surgeon and his older brother Bertram Yuh, M.D., has been with City of Hope's Department of Urology and Urologic Oncology since 2011. But it was the medical challenges faced by an older sister that truly inspired him “to be the best I can.”
Dr. Yuh sees patients at our Arcadia, West Covina and Pasadena practices where he handles all aspects of general urology, especially men's health,enlarged prostate, kidney stones, incontinence and bladder difficulties. Making a difference in patients' lives, he says, is the most rewarding part of the job.
Dr. Yuh received his medical degree from The Ohio State University and served at the USC Institute of Urology at Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center and the Keck Medical Center of USC, gaining extensive experience in all aspects of urology including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
He also shares City of Hope's commitment to the community. As a medical student, he'd often volunteer at free clinics, and even played piano for patients in their rooms, using the power of music to help the healing process.
- 2016 to present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Arcadia, CA
- 2011 - 2016, Resident LAC+USC Medical Center/Keck Medical Center of USC, Los Angeles, CA, Surgery/Urology
- 2011, The Ohio State University of College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, M.D., Cum Laude
- 2007, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, B.S., Biological Sciences, Summa Cum Laude
- 2011 - 2016, Surgery/Urology, LAC+USC Medical Center/Keck Medical Center of USC, Los Angeles, CA
Ramsey ML, Yuh BJ, Johnson MT, Yeldandi AV, Zynger DL. Carbonic anhydrase IX is expressed in mesothelioma and metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma of the lung. Virchows Arch. 2012 Jan; 460(1):89-93.
Khemees TA, Yuh BJ, Stacey A, Sharp DS, Abaza R, Box GN, Bahnson RR, Shabsigh A. Post operative morbidity of robotic versus open partial nephrectomy: the impact of preoperative tumor characteristics. J Urol. 2010 Apr;183(4)e386. Published abstract for the American Urologic Association (AUA) 2010 Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA. May 2010.
Nau P, Anderson J, Yuh B, Muscarella P, Ellison EC, Happel L, Narula VK, Melvin WS, Hazey JW. Diagnostic transgastric endoscopic peritoneoscopy: extension of the initial human trial for staging of pancreatic head masses. Surg Endosc. 2010 Jun;24(6):1440-6. Abstract version presented Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) 2009 Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ. April 2009.
Nau P, Anderson J, Happel L, Yuh B, Narula VK, Needleman, B, Ellison EC, Melvin WS, Hazey JW. Safe alternative transgastric peritoneal access in humans: NOTES. Surgery. 2010 Jan 30. [Epub ahead of print]
Kaminsky C, Yuh B, Koh C. Principles of Computerized Tomography (CT). Pediatric and Adolescent Urologic Imaging. Ed. Palmer LS, Palmer JS. New York: Springer, 2014. Print.
Auyang ED, Hungness ES., Yuh BJ, Rowe R, Bakos G, Lewis M, Thompson S, Thompson B, Hazey JW. Effectiveness of a new trocar system to enable NOTES. Surg Endosc. 2009 Apr:23 (1):198. Published abstract for the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) 2009 Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ. April 2009. Poster of distinction.
- 2011, Ohio Department of Aging Award in Geriatrics
- 2010, Travel Award Winner – Ninth Annual OSUMC Trainee Research Day Poster: Obesity is associated with favorable tumor characteristics in patients with renal cell carcinoma
- 2008, Landacre Research Honors Society
- 1st Place Prize, 2007 Denman Undergraduate Research Forum – Laboratory/Cellular research
- 2007, Phi Beta Kappa Academic Honor Society