Yi-Jen Chen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Radiation Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Esophageal Cancer
- Image-Guided Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IG-IMRT) / TomoTherapy
- Radiation Treatment for Gastrointestinal and Gynecologic Cancers
Other Languages Spoken
Named a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine many times, Yi-Jen Chen, M.D., has been with City of Hope since 2002, following four years in the radiation oncology department at University of California, Irvine, Medical Center.
Dr. Chen earned his medical degree at National Yang-Ming University in Taipei, Taiwan and received his Ph.D. from Tokyo Medical & Dental University.
His focus is on developing and improving radiation regimes for gastrointestinal and gynecologic cancers.
The son of a gastroenterologist, Dr. Chen learned from his father to “treat others like you treat your own.”
- 2002 - present, Clinical Professor and Staff Physician, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Gynecologic cancers
- 1991-1998, First Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical & Dental University, Tokyo, Japan, Ph.D.
- 1977 -1984, National Yang-Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, M.D., Medicine
- 1998 -2002, Radiation Oncology, University of California Irvine Medical Center
- 2002, American Board of Radiology - Therapeutic Radiology