David Mulama, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Experimental Therapeutics
David Mulama, Ph.D.
Research Focus :
- Generation and characterization of Kaposi’s sarcoma VLP vaccine composition and functionality
- Isolate, purify, characterize, and test the ability of KSHV-specific mAbs to detect and/or block KSHV infection in vitro and in humanized mice
- Testing and evaluating the efficacy of the Kaposi’s sarcoma VLP as a prophylactic and therapeutic vaccine in Non Human Primates
- 2017- present, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2015-2017, Lecturer, Department of Biological Sciences, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, Kakamega, Kenya
- 2011- 2013, Visiting Research Scientist, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
- 2010- 2013, Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
- 2007-2009, Research Scientist, University Massachusetts Medical School /Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
- 2006-2007, Lecturer, Department of Applied Biology, Sigalagala National Polytechnic, Kakamega, Kenya
- 2004-2006, MSc Intern Case Western Reserve University/Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
- 1998-2003, High School teacher, Teachers Services Commission, Nairobi, Kenya
- 2013, Ph.D., Immunology, Maseno University, Maseno, Kenya
- 2007, MSc. Immunology , Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- 1997, B.ED (Science-Botany, Zoology and Education), Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- 2014-2015, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Massachusetts/Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu Kenya
- Mulama DH, Bailey JA, Foley J, Chelimo K, Ouma C, Jura WG, Otieno J, Vulule J, Moormann AM. (2013): Sickle cell trait is not associated with endemic Burkitt lymphoma: An ethnicity and malaria endemicity matched case-control study suggests factors controlling EBV may serve as a predictive biomarker for this pediatric cancer. Int J Cancer. 2013 Jul 5. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28378.
- Chattopadhyay PK, Chelimo K, Embury PB, Mulama DH, Sumba PO, Gostick E, Ladell K, Brodie TM, Vulule J, Roederer M, Moormann AM, Price DA (2013): Holoendemic Malaria Exposure is Associated with Altered Epstein-Barr Virus-Specific CD8+ T-cell Differentiation. J Virology 2013 Feb; 87(3): 1779-88.
- Oduor CI, Chelimo K, Ouma C, Mulama DH, Foley J, Vulule J, Bailey JA, Moormann AM (2014): Interleukin-6 and Interleukin-10 Gene Promoter Polymorphisms and Risk of Endemic Burkitt Lymphoma. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2014 13-0616
- Mukabane DK, Shivairo RS, Mdachi RE, Mokua DO, Oswe MO, Mulama DH, Muleke I, Orenge CO (2014): Effect of Aflatoxin B-1 on Transmissibility of Trypanosoma Congolense in Mice. Advances in Life Science and Technology.
- Association of American Immunologists Trainee member
- Member of Science for Health Society of Kenya
- Member of Federation of African Immunologists
- Member of Kenya Society of Immunologists
- Member –Masinde Muliro University ERC committee
- 2017, St. Baldrick’s International Scholar, St Baldrick’s Foundation
- 2003-2007, Kenya Government Scholar for Post graduate studies, The Government of Kenya
- 1993-1997, Kenya Government Scholar for undergraduate studies, The Government of Kenya of Kenya