Julie F DiMundo, D.O.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Hospitalist
Julie F DiMundo, D.O.
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Other Languages Spoken
Raised in a family of physicians, Julie F. DiMundo, D.O., feels “humbled” to be a member of the medical profession.
As a pediatric hospitalist, Dr. DiMundo cares for some of the most vulnerable among us: children hospitalized for chronic or life-threatening illnesses.
Dr. DiMundo earned her osteopathic medicine degree at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, California, and continued her training at Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center’s Women's and Children's Hospital, rising to the post of chief resident.
An active volunteer throughout her professional and academic life, Dr. DiMundo has given her time to VA facilities, provided health care to the needy in Pomona, California, and helped organize a Christmas party for the community's underserved children.
She is attracted to hospital medicine because it enables her to “practice both the art and science of medicine with the ultimate goal of easing discomfort and restoring health.”
- 2006-present, Pediatric Hospitalist, Department of Pediatrics, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1998-1999, Teaching Assistant, Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Western University, Pomona, CA
- 1998, Head Teaching Assistant, Summer Anatomy Prep, Department of Anatomy, Western University, Pomona, CA
- 1996-1997, Laboratory Assistant, A Cut Above Histology, Jonathan Campbell, M.D.
- 1992-1993, Medical Office Patient Assistant, Southern California Hemostasis Medical Group, Pasadena, CA
- 2001, D.O., Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
- 1996, B.A., Italian literature, University of California, San Diego, CA
- 1993-1994, Revelle College, Universita’ di Padova, Italy
- 2005-2006, Chief Resident, University of Southern California + Los Angeles County's Women's and Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- 2002-2005, Residency: General Pediatrics, University of Southern California + Los Angeles County Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- California Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Advanced Pediatric Life Support
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- 1998-1999, Appreciation Award – Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Teaching Assistant, Western University
- 1998, Appreciation Award – Head Teaching Assistant, Summer Anatomy Prep Course, Western University