Finly Zachariah, M.D.
- Palliative Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Medical or Limited Spanish
“It is a privilege to live my life in the service of others.”
Dr. Zachariah brings his warm and compassionate self in to every patient interaction. Recently named a 2015 Top Doctor of Pain Management in Pasadena Magazine, he is recognized as a highly skilled supportive medicine physician, providing symptom management, pain control and palliative care for adult and pediatric patients.
Dr. Zachariah is passionate about tailoring patient care to individual values and goals, advance care planning, and leveraging technology to enhance the coordination and delivery of medical care. Combining his training in tropical medicine with his humanitarian values, Dr. Zachariah has volunteered significant time in underserved parts of the world teaching palliative care and helping patients in Cameroon, Zambia, India and Ethiopia.
Dr. Zachariah is available by referral to help patients address issues of pain or other supportive care needs.
- 2012-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Palliative Medicine and Supportive Medicine, Department of Supportive Care Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-2012, Kaiser Permanente LAMC Fellow
- 2012, Intercommunity Emergency Medical Group
- 2010-2011, Imperial Primary Care Medical Group (Urgent Care)
- 2008-2011, Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital Resident
- 2010-2011, PIH Chief Resident
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology
- Palliative Care Medicine
- Urology and Urologic Cancers
- Adjunct Faculty Family Medicine Residency, PIH-UCI, 2013-present;
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, November 2011, March 2015;
- Katete, Zambia, March 2011;
- Bihar, India, November 2010;
- Shisong, Cameroon, September 2009
- Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles Medical Center(LAMC) Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, Graduated June 2012 Los Angeles, CA
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/Chicago Medical School Doctor of Medicine, North Chicago, IL, June 2008
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Whole Person Care Preceptorship, Redlands, CA, July 2005
- University of California, Riverside Bachelor of Science – Cell, Molecular, and Developmental Biology, Minor in Philosophy, Riverside, CA, March 2004, Cum Laude
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital (PIH-UCI) Residency Family/Tropical Medicine, Whittier, CA, Graduated June 2011
- PIH Chief Resident, 2010-2011
- PIH 2nd Year Representative/Junior Chief Resident, 2009-2010
- Board Certification Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Oct 2012
- Board Certification Family Medicine, July 2011
Information listed here is obtained from PubMed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- NCCN Palliative Care Panel Member, 2015-present
- Inland Empire Palliative Care Coalition, 2014-present
- International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care, 2013-present
- American Academy of Hospice & Palliative Medicine, 2011-present
- Top Doctor in Pain Management, Pasadena Magazine, 8/2015
- Induction to Gold Humanism in Medicine Honors Society, 2007
- Regents Scholarship, 2000-2004