Haine Kim, M.D.
I love being hands on, being totally present in a patient's care.”
A lifelong interest in science and the human body, combined with a desire to help others, brought Haine Kim, M.D., to medicine and especially to anesthesiology.
“Anesthesiology brings in many aspects of medicine and science,” she says, “along with the direct patient interaction that I fully enjoy - it really is the whole package.”
Dr. Kim received her medical degree from Loma Linda University and continued her training at Harbor UCLA Medical Center and the University of Southern California.
Her giving spirit is evident in her extracurricular activities. Before entering medical school, Dr. Kim taught English to students in Seoul, South Korea, and joined her church on missions to Lima, Peru, and Tijuana, Mexico, to serve as a health care provider assistant.
Her goal at City of Hope is to make sure her patients “receive the best care possible, with an extra side of comfort.”
- 2017-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2015-2017, Anesthesiologist, Buena Vista Anesthesia Medical Group, San Fernando Valley, CA
- 2011, M.D., Loma Linda University, School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
- 2003, B.A, Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- 2012-2015, Anesthesiology, Postgraduate Year II-IV University of Southern California, Department of Anesthesiology, Los Angeles, CA
- 2011-2012, Intern Resident, Postgraduate Year 1, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Transitional Year Program, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Certified
- Medical Board of California
- 2012 - present, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- 2012 - present, California Society of Anesthesiologists
- 2007 - present, American Medical Association