Jeff Wade, M.D.
- Hospital Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
Other Languages Spoken
If you mention a language, odds are high I can probably be polite, impolite or ask about pain in it.”
For nearly a quarter century, Jeff Wade, M.D., has helped patients in perhaps the most extreme environment you can think of: as an emergency room physician. His work has taken him from an inner city hospital, to a Texas Air Force base, to a North African clinic, as well as a number of well-regarded Southern California facilities.
Dr. Wade received his medical degree from Keck School of Medicine of USC and continued his training at Martin Luther King Hospital/Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science in South Los Angeles.
The multilingual Dr. Wade (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Arabic and Armenian, to name a few) put his medical and language skills to good use when he led a mission to Morocco, treating patients in limited care environments and teaching local medical students and residents.
- 2018-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2013-present, Emergency Medicine Physician, Alhambra Hospital Medical Center, Alhambra, CA
- 2011-2017, Emergency Medicine Physician, Glendale Memorial Hospital, Glendale, CA
- 2003-2017, Emergency Medicine Physician, Garfield Medical Center, Monterey Park, CA
- 2009-2016, Emergency Medicine Physician, San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, San Gabriel, CA
- 1995, Doctorate, Medicine, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- 1990, B.A., Microbiology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- "Acute Mesenteric Ischemia." General Surgery. eMedicine Journal, July 2001. Volume 2, Number 7.
- “Emergent Complications of the Newer Anticonvulsants.” Journal of Emergency Medicine. Volume 38, No. 2, pp. 231-237, 2010
- “Side Effects and Overdoses of the Newer Seizure Medications.” SciTopics.
- 2010, Granted Fellow Status American College Emergency Physicians
- 2001, Award for Outstanding Service as Resident, MLK Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 2000, Award for Meritorious Achievement on Inservice Exam, MLK Emergency Medicine Residency