John Raytis, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology
John Raytis, M.D.
“City of Hope is the perfect place for me to combine patient care with my research interests.”
John Raytis, M.D., is associate director of anesthesia operations at City of Hope. He strives to provide “compassionate, evidence-based anesthetic care of the highest quality.” In addition to performing over 200 procedures per year, Dr. Raytis helps oversee quality assurance in the department.
Dr. Raytis holds a chemistry degree from University of California, Berkeley and a biology degree from Harvard. He attended Keck School of Medicine of USC and continued his training at University of California, Irvine and Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, California.
As a researcher, Dr. Raytis reaches across disciplinary lines. He partnered with a neurosurgeon in a groundbreaking study that showed how beta-blockers can reduce stress levels, potentially slowing the spread of breast cancer to the brain.
- 2009 - Present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
Raytis J, Yuh B, Lau C, Fong Y, Lew M. Anesthetic implications of robotically assisted surgery with the Da Vinci Xi surgical robot. OJ Anes 2016,6,115-118.
Yuh B, Yu X, Raytis J, Lew M, Fong Y, Lau C. Use of a mobile tower-based robot--The initial Xi robot experience in surgical oncology. J Surg Oncol. 2016,115(1),5-7.
Choy C, Raytis JL*, Smith DD, Duenas M, Neman J, Jandial R, Lew M. Inhibition of β2-adrenergic receptor reduces triple-negative breast cancer brain metastases: The potential benefit of perioperative β-blockade. Ocol Rep 2016, 35(6):3135-42. (*Co-first author)
- Raytis J, Lew M. Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) and Intraoperative Electrolyte Disturbances—Implications for Anesthetic Management. OJ Anes 2014, 4, 240-43.
- 2015, City of Hope Values in Action Award (service with a sense of urgency), awarded January 2016
- 2012, Innovations in Perioperative Medicine poster session winner, Perioperative Medicine Summit - Society for Perioperative Assessment and Quality Improvement, Miami, FL