Jonathan Lim Yamzon, M.D.
- Urologic Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Urologic Oncology
Other Languages Spoken
The more complex the surgical procedure, the more likely Jonathan Lim Yamzon, M.D., will be called upon to perform it. Patients who've had less than satisfactory results at other facilities frequently seek him out, as do patients whose cancer has recurred.
At City of Hope since 2011, Dr. Yamzon performs the majority of our open surgery procedures on a variety of urologic cancers. He is also trained in robotic surgery, having completed a robotic surgery fellowship at City of Hope.
A graduate of Keck School of Medicine of USC, Dr. Yamzon’s clinical focus includes the treatment of prostate, kidney, bladder and testis cancer. His interests include new biomarkers and technologies that look to improve the diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary cancers and enhance the delivery of personalized care.
- 2011-Present Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Urologic Oncologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-Present Staff Surgeon, Division of Urologic Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-Present Staff Surgeon, Division of Urologic Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope, Antelope Valley Hospital, Lancaster, CA
- 2011-Present Staff Surgeon, Division of Urologic Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope, Huntington Memorial Hospital, South Pasadena, CA
- 2011-Present Staff Surgeon, Division of Urologic Oncologic Surgery, Garfield Medical Center, Monterey Park, CA
- 2011-Present Staff Surgeon, Division of Urologic Oncologic Surgery, San Antonio Hospital, Ontario, CA
- 2004- 2010 Resident Clinical Instructor: Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Keck School of Medicine
- 2004, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Doctor of Medicine
- 2000, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA, Bachelor of Science, Bioengineering, Cum Laude
- 2010-2011, Fellowship in Urologic Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA,
- 2004-2010, Los Angeles County/University of Southern California, Residency in Urology
- Medical Board of California Drug Enforcement Agency
Pal, SK., Yamzon, J, Sun, V., Carmichael,C., Saikia, J., Ferrell, B., Frankel, P., Hsu, JoAnn, Twardowski, P., Stein, C., Margolin, K. June 2013. Paclitaxel-Based High-Dose Chemotherapy with Autologuous Stem Cell Rescue for Relapsed Germ Cell Tumor: Clinical Outcome and Quality of Life in Long-Term Survivors. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer (11), No. 2, 121-7.; Yamzon J, Kokorowski P, DeFilippo RE, Chang AY, Hardy BE, Koh CJ. 2008. Pediatric robot-assisted laparoscopic excision of urachal cyst and bladder cuff. Journal of Endorurology 22 (10): 2385-8; Yamzon J, Perin L, Koh CJ. 2008. Current status of tissue engineering in pediatric urology. Current Opinions In Urology 18(4): 404-7; Yamzon J, Kokorowski P, Koh CJ. 2008. Stem cells and tissue engineering applications of the genitourinary tract. Pediatric Research 63(5): 472-7; Dorin R, Yamzon J, Koh C. (2010) "Embryonic Stem Cells, Nuclear Transfer, and Parthenogenesis Derived Stem Cells for Urologic Reconstruction", in Denstedt J and Atala A, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering in Urology, Cambridge, Woodhead Publishing.; Kimbrell BJ, Yamzon J, Petrone P, Asensio JA, Velmahos GC. 2007. Intrapleural thrombolysis for the management of undrained traumatic hemothorax: a prospective observational study. Journal of Trauma 62(5): 1175-8; Chung S, Kang DO, Yamzon J, Warburton D, Koh CJ. 2010. O-GlcNAc mediated glycosylation down-regulation in mice with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis. Journal of Urology 183(1):351-6; Quek ML, Nichols PW, Yamzon J, Daneshmand S, Miranda G, Cai J, Groshen S, Stein JP, Skinner DG. 2005. Radical cystectomy for primary neuroendocrine tumors of the bladder: the University of Southern California experience. Journal of Urology 174(1):93-6.
- American Urologic Association
- Los Angeles Urological Society
- Salerni Collegium Faculty Alumni Association
- Golden Key Nation Honor Society