Joo Y. Song, M.D.
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Joo Song, M.D., is an assistant clinical professor at City of Hope's Department of Pathology. He is also a member of the Toni Stephenson Lymphoma Center at City of Hope.
Double board-certified in hematopathology and clinical/anatomic pathology, Dr. Song comes to City of Hope from the University of California, Davis Medical Center where he was an assistant professor of pathology and associate medical director of outreach.
While at UC Davis, Dr. Song received the Department of Pathology Faculty Teaching Award, and was awarded a University of California Center for Health Quality and Innovation Fellowship. He has received scholarships and awards from UCLA and George Washington University. Dr. Song earned his undergraduate degree (cum laude and with honors) in biology from the University of California, Los Angeles. He received his medical degree from George Washington University, in Washington, DC, where he also completed his residency in anatomic and clinical pathology. He furthered his training with a clinical fellowship in a hematopathology at the National Institutes of Health, in Bethesda, MD, under the supervision of Elaine Jaffe, M.D.
Dr. Song is a member in good standing with various professional associations including the College of American Pathologists and the Society for Hematopathology. He has more than 28 peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and book chapters to his credit, has been principal investigator on two externally funded research grants, and has been invited to speak at numerous national conferences.
- 2014-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Pathology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2011-2014, Assistant Professor, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Davis, CA
- 2011-2014, Associate Medical Director of Outreach, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Davis, CA
- Hematopathology Fellowship Program
- 2005, M.D., George Washington University, Washington, DC
- 1999, B.S., University of California, Los Angeles (Biology), Cum Laude and College Honors
- 2009-2011, Clinical Fellow, National Institutes of Health, Hematopathology, Bethesda, MD
- 2005-2009, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, George Washington University, Washington, DC
- American Board of Pathology (AP/CP)
- American Board of Pathology (Hematology)
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- College of American Pathologists
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Present Society for Hematopathology