Karen Reckamp, M.D., M.S.
- Medical Oncology
- Lung Cancer
- Thoracic Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology
“My motivation has always been: how can we do better?”
Karen Reckamp, M.D., a member of the City of Hope team since 2007, is heavily involved in clinical trials aimed at finding new and better treatments for lung cancer, especially in the most advanced and difficult-to-treat cases. Recently she led a study demonstrating the significant benefits of immunotherapy.
Dr. Reckamp's interest in cancer began early in life, and is personal: she lost several family members to the disease.
After receiving her medical degree at the University of Chicago, Dr. Reckamp worked at UCLA's David Geffen School of Medicine before joining City of Hope.
- 2012 - present, Co-director, Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2012 - present, Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2007 - 2012, Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte
- 2005 - 2007, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and West Los Angeles VA Medical Center
- 2004 - 2005, Clinical Instructor, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and West Los Angeles VA Medical Center
- Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology
- 2005 - University of California, LA, Los Angeles, CA, M.S., Department of BioMathematics
- Specialized Training in Advanced Research (STAR)
- 1998 - University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, M.D.
- 1994 - University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, B.S., Biology
- 2001 to 2004 - David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
- 1998 to 2001 - Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University, Internal Medicine Residency
- 2001 - Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- 2004 - Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- 2004 - Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine-Oncology
October 30, 2017
November 04, 2016
April 26, 2016
November 24, 2015
September 30, 2015
June 06, 2015
February 16, 2015
December 29, 2015
November 12, 2014
September 16, 2014
March 30, 2014
December 28, 2013
December 27, 2013
November 25, 2013
November 19, 2013
October 30, 2013
June 10, 2013
September 20, 2012
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.