Azar Khosravi, M.D.
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Parathyroid Disease
Dr. Azar Khosravi graduated from medical school from the Shahid-Behesthi University in Tehran, Iran. She moved to the United States in 1998, and worked as a research assistant at San Francisco General Hospital, in the Department of Family Medicine.
Dr. Khosravi went on to complete a residency in internal medicine at Saint Vincent Hospital in Worcester Massachusetts, followed by a fellowship in endocrinology at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD, from 2004 through 2007. She also served as a clinical associate in the Skeletal Clinical Studies Unit, Craniofacial and Skeletal Disease Branch at NIDCR, NIH.
In 2007, Dr. Khosravi served as an instructor in endocrinology as well as the associate director of the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Department at the Kennedy Krieger Institute at Johns Hopkins, where her research focus was on bone and mineral metabolism.
Dr. Khosravi is board certified in endocrinology and metabolism and leads the metabolic bone clinic at City of Hope; her research continues to focus on metabolic bone diseases. She is also in charge of education of endocrinology fellows at City of Hope and Harbor UCLA in the area of bone endocrinopathies.
- 2011-Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2010-2011, Clinical Endocrinologist, Tripler Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- 2010, Clinical Endocrinologist, St. Joseph Hospital and Clinics, Phoenix, AZ
- 2008-2009, Clinical Endocrinologist, Kaiser Permanente, Largo, Shady Grove, MD
- 2007-2008, Instructor, Endocrinology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- 2003-2004, Physician, Worcester Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- 2000-2001, Instructor, The School of Choice, San Jose, CA
- 1998, Investigator, Kousar War - Veteran Treatment Center, Tehran, Iran
- 1995 - 1998, General Practitioner, Tehran University, Hassan-Abad Health Care Center, Tehran, Iran
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer
- 1988-1995, Shahid – Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, Doctorate, Medicine
- 2004-2007, Endocrinology Fellowship, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- 2001-2004, Internal Medicine Residency, Saint Vincent Hospital at Worcester Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- 2007, Board Certification, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- 2004, Board Certification, Internal Medicine
Jain AB, Khosravi A, Salehian B. Maffucci’s Syndrome. Endocrinol Metab Synd, 3: i002 , 2014
CE Mosteanu, MH Kelly, A Khosravi, TC Hart, H Choo, J Brahim, MD Murphy, EG Farrow, KE White and MT Collins. Novel genotype and phenotypic findings in a case of familial tumoral calcinosis/hyperostosis-hyperphosphatemia syndrome. Osteoporosis International. Jul;20(7):1273-8. 2009
Geller*, J.L., A.Khosravi*, M.H. Kelly, M. Riminucci, J.S. Adams, M.T. Collins, Clinical Vignette: “Cinacalcet in the Management of Tumor-Induced Osteomalacia”, J of Bone and Miner Res, 22(6), 931-937, 2007. * Co- First author
Khosravi*, A.; Cutler* C.M.; Kelly M.H.; Chang R.; Royal R.E.; Sherry R.M.; Wodajo F.M.; Fedarko, N.S.; Collins M.T. “Determination of the elimination half life of FGF-23”, J Clin Endo and Metab, 92, 2374-2377, 2007.
*contributed equally Martin EN, Khosravi A, BrintzenhofeSoc K, Shapiro JR. “Vitamin D Deficiency in Osteogenesis Imperfecta”. Am J Bone Min Res. 22: (suppl 1) S 341. 2007.
Shapiro JR, Bibat G, Boskey A, Blue ME, Doty S, Khosravi A, Naidu S,. Rett Syndrome: Bone Mass in Girls and Mice. Am J Bone Min. Res. 22: S499, 2007.
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- Endocrine Society