Daniel H. Kim, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Oncologist
Daniel H. Kim, M.D.
- Radiation Oncology
Daniel Kim, M.D., is an assistant clinical professor and radiation oncologist in the Department of Radiation Oncology at City of Hope Arcadia.
Dr. Kim earned his medical degree from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine, where he graduated with Alpha Omega Alpha honors, followed by an internship in internal medicine at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. He then joined City of Hope in 2010 as a resident in radiation oncology. In 2013, he was named chief resident, a position he held until joining our faculty full-time at City of Hope - Arcadia.
An active member of the medical community, Dr. Kim served as an Advisory Board Member for the UCSF Academy of Medical Educators from 2006 to 2008. He also sat on a number of committees including the Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO) - Website/Social Media Subcommittee and the City of Hope Graduate Medical Education Committee. Dr. Kim has multiple first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals, and has been awarded numerous fellowships, including the UCSF Low-Beer Fellowship in Oncology; UCSF Curriculum Ambassador Fellowship; and the UCSF Dean's Research Fellowship.
- 2014 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor and Radiation Oncologist, City of Hope, Arcadia, CA
- 2009, M.D., University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine
- 2003, B.A., Molecular and Cellular Biology, emphasis in Biochemistry Graduated with Distinction (Honors) University of California, Berkeley
- 2013 - 2014, Radiation Oncology Chief Resident, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2010 - 2013, Radiation Oncology Resident, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2009-2010, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Kim DH, Schultheiss TE, Radany EH, Badie B, Pezner RD. Clinical Outcomes of Patients Treated with a Second Course of Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Locally or Regionally Recurrent Brain Metastases after Prior Stereotactic Radiosurgery. J Neurooncol 2013 June 28 [Epub ahead of print].;
- Kim DH, Wang-Chesebro A, Weinberg V, Pouliot J, Chen L-M, Speight J, Littell R, Hsu I-C. High-Dose Rate Brachytherapy Using Inverse Planning Simulated Annealing for Locoregionally Advanced Cervical Cancer: A Clinical Report with 2-Year Follow-Up. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009 Dec 1;75(5):1329-34.;
- Kim DH, Crawford B, Ziegler J, Beattie MS. Prevalence and characteristics of pancreatic cancer in families with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. Familial Cancer 2009;8(2):153-8.;
- Aitken SM, Kim DH, Kirsch JF. Escherichia coli cystathionine gamma-synthase does not obey ping-pong kinetics. Novel continuous assays for the elimination and substitution reactions. Biochemistry (2003) 30;42(38):11297-306.
- 2013 Clinical Investigation Training Program (CITP) Scholar
- 2009 Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical Honors Society)
- 2008 Low-Beer Fellowship in Oncology (UCSF)
- 2006 UCSF Curriculum Innovation Award
- 2006 UCSF Curriculum Ambassador Fellowship
- 2006 UCSF Dean’s Research Fellowship
- 2004 UC Berkeley Outstanding Teaching Award Nominee