Marianna Koczywas, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
Areas of Expertise
- Thoracic Oncology
- Thoracic Oncology
Other Languages Spoken
“Dr. K.. never gave up on me... She gave me hope when it was hopeless, she gave me options when I needed them, she gave me hugs when I needed them and saw me through some really difficult times.” - Patient
Year after year, Marianna Koczywas, M.D., is named one of America's Top Doctors by Castle Connolly.
Born in Poland, Dr. Koczywas received her medical degree from the Medical Academy of Lodz. She joined City of Hope in 1997 as a fellow in the Department of Medical Oncology, becoming a staff physician in 2001.
Dr. Koczywas is heavily involved in research and clinical trials, searching for more effective drug therapies for lung cancer. She has published extensively and is a strong advocate of incorporating palliative care into cancer treatment programs.
- 2001 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope , Duarte, CA
- 2000 - 2001, Private Practice, Oncology Care Medical Associates, Montebello, CA
- 1999 - 2000, Fellow, Department of Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Lung Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- 1978 -1984, Medical Academy of Lodz, Lodz, Poland, M.D., Medicine
- 1999 - 2000, Fellow, Department of Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA.
- 1997 - 1999, Fellow, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1988 - 1990, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology, Troczewski City Hospital, Kutno, Poland
- 1994 - 1997, Resident, PGY-3, Internal Medicine, St. Francis Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA.
- 1985 - 1988, Physician Resident, Troczewski City Hospital, Kutno, Poland
- 1984 - 1985, Physician Intern, Department of Surgery, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Cynecology, The City Hospital of Lowicz, Poland
- 2000, Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine, subspecialty of Hematology
- 1997, Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- California Medical License
- DEA Certificate
- Pennsylvania Medical License
Lung cancer: 7 breakthroughs in research, treatment, diagnosis
October 30, 2013
Information listed here is obtained from PubMed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Southwest Oncology Group