Kate Kravits, R.N., M.A., L.P.C., ATR-BC., HN-C
Kate Kravits is a Senior Research Specialist in the Division of Nursing Research and Education, City of Hope National Medical Center. Kate is licensed and board certified in psychotherapy, art therapy and holistic nursing. Her research interests include professional self-care, hypnosis for symptom relief, and art therapy in the cancer care setting. Ms. Kravits is currently developing a research program investigating hypnosis interventions in the pre-operative patient population.
- 2004 - present, Director, Supportive Care and Spiritual Care Services, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2000 - 2004, Director, Professional Program Development, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1998 - 2000, Clinical Educator, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1996 - 1998, Independent Contractor, University of Southern California: Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 1993 - 1995, Nursing, Private Practice Family Therapy, Greeley, CO.
- 1992 - 1996, Oncology Nursing Specialist, North Colorado Medical Center, CO.
- 1985 - 1988, Nursing, Private Practice Family Therapy, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2004 - 2006, Phillips Graduate Institute, Post-Graduate Education and Certification, Art Therapy
- 1982 - 1984, California Family Study Center, M.A., Family Therapy/Systems Theory
- 1980 - 1982, University of the State of New York, B.S., Liberal Arts
- 1971 - 1974, Los Angeles County/USC School of Nursing, Diploma, Nursing
Grant, M, Kravits, KG. (2000) Symptoms and their Impact on Nutrition. Seminars in Oncology Nursing. 16:2.
Grunwald, SL; Grogge, MH; Goodman, M; Yarboro, CH. Urologic and Male Genital Cancers in Cancer Nursing: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition, 1993