Amrita Krishnan, M.D.
- Director of the Judy and Bernard Briskin Center for Multiple Myeloma Research
- Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
Amrita Krishnan, M.D.
Research Focus :
- CI, Myeloma
Areas of Expertise
- Multiple Myeloma
Other Languages Spoken
Equally driven as a clinician and researcher, Amrita Krishnan, M.D., was instrumental in bringing successful transplant therapy to HIV patients with lymphoma, when many believed such patients were too weak to tolerate the procedure.
“We have patients who had been told to get their affairs in order,” she says. “Years later, they are still here.”
Dr. Krishnan now directs the Judy and Bernard Briskin Center for Multiple Myeloma Research at City of Hope, seeking to make gains in one of the most rapidly changing areas in cancer research.
A key member of the City of Hope team since 1996, Dr. Krishnan trained at Albany Medical College and served as a clinical fellow at Harvard Medical School.
- 2008 - 2018, Director, Multiple Myeloma Program, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2004 - 2018, Associate Director, Medical Education and Training, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope
- 1997 - present, Staff Physician, Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation City of Hope
- 1990, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, M.D., Medicine
- 1988, Union College, Schenectady, NY, B.S., Biology/Modern Languages
- 1996 - 1997, Clinical Fellow, Bone Marrow Transplantation City of Hope
- 1993 - 1996, Clinical Fellow, Hematology-oncology Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard University Boston MA
- 1993 - 1996, Clinical Fellow Clinical Fellow in Medicine, Harvard Medical School Boston MA
- 1995 - 1996, Research Fellow Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Principal Investigator, J. Ritz Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard University, Boston MA
- 1995, Clinical Fellow, Bone Marrow Transplantation Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington Seattle WA
- 1995, Clinical Fellow, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Solid Tumor and Lymphoma Autologous Marrow Program Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
- 1991 - 1993 Strong Memorial Hospital University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
After multiple myeloma, recording artist plays on
December 18, 2018
New Briskin Center for Clinical Research opens at City of Hope
September 07, 2018
‘Remember Mom fought cancer with everything she had’
April 10, 2018
Simon Bray: Beating the Odds
October 02, 2017