Kristina Wittig, M.D.
- Urology and Urologic Oncology
Kristina Wittig, M.D., is a urologic surgeon and an assistant clinical professor of surgery.
Dr. Wittig attended medical school at SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine. She was a recipient of multiple awards and honors including Magna Cum Laude / Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Wittig completed her urology residency at University of Connecticut Health Center. Dr. Wittig went on to complete her Urologic Oncology Fellowship at City of Hope, Duarte.
Dr. Wittig has written publications and has presented multiple abstracts for the American Urologic Association meetings. Her most recent peer reviewed publication is a Critical Analysis of Hospital Readmission and Cost Burden after Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy, which was selected for presentation at the American Urologic Association.
Dr. Wittig brings her warmth and caring to the bedside, as well as her knowledge and surgical skills.
- 2015 to present, Urologic Surgeon, Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Antelope Valley and Santa Clarita, CA
- 2008 - SUNY Downstate, Medical Center College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY, M.D., Magna Cum Laude, Alpha Omega Medical Honor Society
- 2002 - Touro College, New York, NY, B.S. Physician Assistant, Summa Cum Laude, Dean's List, Received Highest Academic and Clinical Achievement Award
- 1997 - Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY, B.S. Medical Technology/Biology, Cum Laude, Sigma Zeta Honor Society, Dean's List
- 2013 - 2015, Minimally Invasive Urologic Oncology Fellow, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2009 - 2013, Urology Resident, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
- 2008 - 2009, General Surgery Intern, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
Chapter entitled “Laparoscopic and Robotic Radical Cystectomy and Urinary Diversion: Outcomes” Wittig, K., Chan, K., Kawachi, M., Wilson, T. for a book “Bladder Cancer: Diagnosis and Clinical Management” Lerner, S., Schoenberg, M.,
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.