Lalit H. Vora
- Diagnostic Radiology
Areas of Expertise
- Interventional Radiology
Other Languages Spoken
“Here (at City of Hope) people are courteous, dedicated and remarkably helpful. People truly mean, 'May I help you?'”
Originally headed for a business career, Lalit H. Vora, M.D., turned to medicine for its ability to help those in need, and the personal satisfaction it provides.
As a diagnostic radiologist, Dr. Vora is particularly proud of a needle biopsy program he developed for breast, neck and thyroid lesions which is highly accurate and virtually painless.
Educated in India, Dr. Vora supplemented his Mumbai medical training with an internship at Mercer Hospital, Trenton, New Jersey, residency at Ohio State University and a radiology fellowship at St. Michael's Hospital, University of Toronto.
At City of Hope since 1993, Dr. Vora works constantly on improving imaging techniques and equipment and lectures frequently on the subject.
- 1993-present, Clinical Professor and Staff Radiologist, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1989-1993, Staff Radiologist, Greater El Monte Community Hospital, So. El Monte, CA.
- 1989-1991, Chief Radiologist, East L.A. Doctors Hospital, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1987-1989, Chief of Angiography, King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1977-1989, Assistant Clinical Professor, King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1977-1989, Staff Radiologist, King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1977-1989, Chief of Special Procedures, King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1977-1989, Chief of GI Radiology Section, King/Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- 1970, M.B.B.S., L.T.M. Medical College, Bombay Univ. Bombay, India
- 1965, Bombay University, Bombay, India
- 1976-1977, Fellowship: Total Body Computerized Tomography, General Diagnostic Radiology, St. Michael’s Hospital, Univ. of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1973-1976, Residency: Radiology, The Ohio State Univ. Hospitals, Columbus, OH
- 1972-1973, Internship (Rotating): Mercer Hospital, Trenton, NJ
- 1970, Internship (Rotating): Sion Hospital, Bombay University, Bombay, India
- American Board of Radiology
- Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America